Job OpeningApply Now!
OMC Smokehouse line cooks work in a close knit team preparing a variety of foods. The main job is to prepare high quality food as soon as possible, by being able to coordinate hot foods and cold foods within minutes from the time the order is received. During rush periods cooks receive dozens of orders in the kitchen. Cooks are responsible to keep track of these orders and make sure they are prepared in order. Many orders are cooked or being cooked at the same time. Cooks must juggle several items without allowing items to burn, get cold, or allow meals to sit until quality factors are affected. A cook must notify the serving staff when orders are ready and do so in a polite professional manner.
- Prepares appropriate food, hot, cold, in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for cleaning equipment and keeping work area in a sanitary condition.
- Operate various pieces of kitchen equipment as assigned, reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions and suggests possible solutions.
- Prepares food properly using recipes and specs in order to produce a standard product.
- Weigh and measures ingredients, properly using recipes in order to produce a standard product.
- Serves food from the cooks line
- Ability to read and speak English
- Competitive Industry Wages
- Discounted and Free Meals
- Vacation (Full time)
- Employer Matched 401 k
- Health Insurance